Snack stars

Freshmen appear in local films
Snack Shack
Snack Shack, a movie about two teen rebels and their crazy adventure to earn some cash

In the heart of Nebraska’s corn-filled landscape, where fields stretch as far as the eye can see and small-town charm weaves its way through the streets like a gentle breeze, two bright stars emerged from the bustling hallways of Millard West High School. Freshmen Natalie Fink and Addi Friesen, with their dreams held high and hearts filled with passion, stepped into the limelight and etched their names into the annals of cinematic history as integral parts of the groundbreaking film, “Snack Shack.”

For Fink, the opportunity to grace the silver screen was nothing short of a dream realized. With a passion for modeling instilled within her since childhood, she seized the chance to immerse herself in the captivating world of filmmaking, where every frame tells a story and every moment is a chance to shine.

“Being part of ‘Snack Shack’ was like stepping into a whirlwind of creativity and excitement,” Fink said. “To see the magic of filmmaking unfold right here in Omaha was truly surreal. It was an experience I’ll cherish forever.”

Friesen, too, felt the exhilarating rush of stepping onto the set of “Snack Shack” in her own hometown. As the cameras rolled and the director called action, she found herself swept up in the thrill of bringing a character to life amidst the familiar backdrop of her community.

“It was like stepping into a whole new world right in my backyard,” Friesen said. “To be part of something that showcased our hometown in such a unique way was truly special. It’s not every day you get to see your own neighborhood on the big screen.”

As Fink and Friesen delved into their roles, their passion and dedication breathed life into every scene, infusing the film with an undeniable authenticity that resonated with audiences far and wide. From the quiet streets of the neighborhood to the bustling energy of the local snack shack, each moment captured on film left an indelible mark, not only on the movie itself but also on the hearts of those who watched it unfold.

Their friend and fellow freshman, Lily Gentleman, watched in awe as Natalie and Addi’s performances lit up the silver screen with an undeniable brilliance.

“I was absolutely blown away by their talent,” Gentleman said. “It felt like we were witnessing the birth of something truly special.”

As “Snack Shack” captivated audiences and garnered acclaim, Fink and Friesen stood as shining examples of the raw talent and boundless potential found within the halls of Millard West. Their journey was an inspiration to their peers, proving with dedication and hometown pride, anything is possible.

And as they sat side by side in the dimly lit theater, bathed in the glow of the screen and the warmth of their own success, Natalie and Addi knew that their futures were as bright and limitless as the Nebraska sky. For in that moment, they weren’t just two freshmen from a small town in the heartland—they were stars on the rise, destined to leave their mark on the world of cinema and beyond. The film is available on Prime Video as well as other streaming platforms.