The Life in Criminal Justice

Senior Makenna Cole is heading into her final year in high school and want to get into Criminal justice

Senior Makenna Cole is trying to fulfill her dreams in the field of Criminal Justice and has plans that will help her do so.

Photo via. Makenna Cole

Hayden Cole, Staff Reporter

When you are a senior, there are a lot of emotions that run through you.

You have to go off to college and depending on what college you want to go to, you may have to say goodbye to your friends and family. You have to say goodbye to the school that you spent your last four years at, maybe that’s a good thing, maybe it’s not. But overall, it can be hard to have to leave everything you have accomplished at your high school to go onto college.

Senior Makenna Cole is now having to look at colleges and things that are included in the college selection process.

Cole is part of the class of 2020. She is having thoughts on what she wants to do in college and is thinking about getting into criminal justice. Criminal Justice requires a Bachelor’s Degree, which is four years of college. Criminal Justice is the delivery of justice to those who have committed crimes. Some colleges that ranking the best for criminal justice include, Northeastern University, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, Florida State and Penn State. 

“I feel that college is important and yes it’s going to be hard to leave all my friends and family when I go to college,” Cole said. “But college is very important and is a factor in what I want to get into which is criminal justice, I have thought about doing it for a while now, and now that I’m a senior, I’m so close to getting into it. Thinking about college is very nerve racking and at the same time it is very exciting because while you want to pick the right college that fits all your needs, college is very fun and is the first step into the real world.”

She will be graduating this May and will never forget all the accomplishments that he achieved during her four year tenure at Millard West High School.

She is excited and enthusiastic about the thought of graduating high school, but at the same time she is very scared and nervous.