Slyde to this great new restaurant

New NYC wraps restaurant just opened at 168th and Q
The Pac was one of the most appealing wraps that I have ever had, and the crisp from the chicken was perfect and paired with the soft tortilla was absolutely amazing.

Being the new restaurant on the block is never easy, but for Hydes and Slydes this was an easy task. They have a very diverse menu with many different variations of cheeseburgers, as well as many different wraps to round out the menu. This new restaurant brings NYC to NE. 

The restaurant has a very small, cozy and homey feel inside the building. It is lined with brick and wood on the inside, as well as a wall long chalkboard with an outline of what specials are and when. The inside is also lined with comfortable wooden chairs and tables.

When entering the restaurant, there is a sign that says to seat yourself, where you sit down and read the walls or scan the code for the menu. After selecting your order you walk up to the register, where someone is always working and happy to take your order. The menu has a very wide selection of food that appeals to everyone including wraps, sandwiches, or burgers but also includes sides such as fries, salads, and onion rings. The menu also displays a very accurate description of each food and what it is made with. The prices vary from the Original Burger at $8.50 up to the Snoop Wrap at $12.

Before you even get your food, the service and environment is a 10/10. The refills are very quick and efficient with the employees making sure that your experience is as good as it can be.

Soon after ordering your food, the employees bring in your food from the kitchen in a basket with your entree and side that you ordered. I personally decided to get The Pac, which is described on the menu with “Crispy chicken, tossed in buffalo, topped with cheese and ranch.” 

The food comes out swiftly within the 15 minutes of ordering it, being hot and fresh. The wrap was a very generously sized wrap that was sided with a good amount of fries on the side. It comes with a very soft and warm tortilla filled with warm crispy chicken that was tossed in buffalo sauce, ranch, and cheese. The fries were a perfect crisp, and seasoned perfectly as well, and they were a very high ranking for me. All together, the food was a 4.9 out of 5 and was the perfect amount of food to fill me up along with great taste.

There is a little bit of downside with this restaurant, including that the drinks are sold separately from the food, and the drink cup size is more on the smaller side. The downside of the drink cup size being smaller than most is that you don’t get the refills yourself and you have an employee get the refill for you.

Overall, I came into the restaurant not sure what to expect, because it was a new restaurant that replaced another restaurant that went out of business in the exact same location. It was also a little bit on the smaller side. Hydes and Slydes blew my expectations out of the water, and made me want to recommend this restaurant to many other people and to come back as often as I can. The restaurant was clean and efficient, and the service was astonishing with very helpful and kind workers.