Toddler Day

Education Academy host Toddler Day
Toddler+Day
Nathan Delaney

Wednesday, Nov, 29th, Millard Education Academy hosted Toddler Day. This day brings toddlers into the education academy and allows the students a chance to work with them and develop their skills. 

The students spent several weeks preparing for toddler day. Including selecting a theme and developed different activities for the kids to do. 

“They spent two days making their lesson plans,” FCS teacher Brenda Schmidt said. “I taught then how to make lesson plans and how to find the state standards. They voted on a theme and chose the ocean. They designed two activities, one that developing appropriate for 1-2 year olds and one that’s developing appropriate for 3-4 year olds.”

The theme they chose was the ocean allowing each student to come up with a fun engaging activity involved around that theme. 

“I did a lot of searching online to find things to do for toddlers that are appropriate for the day,” junior Elizabeth Wartenbee said. “Interesting with them and seeing how each kid is different in their own special way. You can see how every acts differently when given different tasks. Showing me every kid in my future classroom is gonna be different.”

Having a day to learn how to teach toddlers allows these students some preparation into a future career in education. 

“We had to print and prepare the lessons then set up the classroom to prepare for them,” junior Allie Abboud said. “Working with little kids and getting the opportunity to work with them inside the classroom has given me the opportunity to prepare for what I’m gonna be doing in the future.”

Toddler day was a huge success for the educational academy allowing the students to get some hands-on experience working with young children.