Brotherly love

Three Millard West seniors get to play alongside their brother on Friday nights
Logan
Returning a kick with his brother on the field, senior Jackson Williams slices through the defense for a big return. Having both brothers on the field is super important to his family because his parents get to watch both their sons every Friday night. “I hope that I can show him how to be apart of a team and how to watch film,” Williams said. “It is amazing being able to be on the same team as my brother cause it is the first time it has ever happened.”

For most players, their teammates feels like family but for this trio of seniors one of their family is on the team with them. Millard West football has benefited from some amazing siblings throughout history. Currently there are three seniors on the team who have younger siblings playing with them. Making the team feel even more like a family.

Three seniors on the Millard West football team are fortunate enough to have there brother on the team. These relationships on the field is extremely important to the parents who has been watching them play forever and gets to watch them play together one more time this year.

“Playing with my brother on Friday is like being able to do something I love with my best friend,” senior Jackson Williams said. “We learn things from each other that help us both improve our game. My favorite part about being on the same team as my brother is we get to share these memories forever. We are going to have different paths on our football journey and the fact that we get to spend one year playing for the same team is awesome.”

For many they have been taking another play together since they were kids and want to take advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity. 

“My favorite part about it is honestly just talking at home throughout the week about how the game is going to go on Friday, then after the game talking about what we could’ve done better,” sophomore Bryson Williams said. “I hope I can continue to learn from Jackson and follow in his footsteps as he will be graduating this spring.”

The value and experience both brothers gain from this experience is unmatched and will have an impact on the rest of their life. 

“It is amazing being able to be on the same team as my brother because it is the first time it has ever happened,” senior Jace Ingebrteson said. “I like that I get the chance to teach him and help become the best player that he can be. It is super important to me and my family because my parents get to watch both their sons every Friday night. I hope that I can show him how to be apart of a team and how to watch film.”

These relationships are north helping the team excel currently but also helping set up the team for success in the future. It helps create a strong a loving dyminic on the field and in there families.