Din Djarin gets his revenge

Disney Plus TV show “The Mandalorian” comes back for a third season
Sam Blecha
Released in March of 2023, “The Mandalorian” season 3 is the third season of the trending Star Wars Disney Plus show.

Releasing nearly two and a half years after the second season, “The Mandalorian” Season 3 arrived on Disney Plus to give the audience another long-awaited Star Wars film. “The Mandalorian” is a show in the Star Wars universe that follows Din Djarin/The Mandalorian (Pedro Pascal) who is a bounty hunter in the outer part of the galaxy. 

Released in March of 2023, the third season of Disney Plus’s Star Wars show “The Mandalorian,” makes sure that the audience isn’t disappointed. The show is filled with eight different episodes with one being released every Wednesday.

(Warning: Spoilers ahead)

Season three starts off with a clan of Mandalorians on an island and all of a sudden, a monster comes out from the water right next to them all. The beast eats a couple of the Mandalorians and this infuriates them all. Din Djarin then comes and saves them all from the monster by killing it. Personally, I loved the way that they started this season off because it attracts the reader by having a fight scene right away. When I saw this, I already knew that this season was going to be really entertaining and action-packed.

On the other hand, Djarin had come back to help the Mandalorians in order to have the Armorer (Emily Swallow) forgive him for taking off his helmet. Mandalorians aren’t supposed to take off their helmets because it is considered breaking the rules of being a Mandalorian. Din Djarin had done this in season two so that he didn’t die. The Armorer tells Djarin that she will forgive him if he bathes in the waters beneath Mandalore, which is almost impossible to do.

Din Djarin will still take on the task so that he can be admitted as a Mandolorian once again. Before Djarin goes off to Mandalore to complete his quests, he goes to visit Greef Karga (Carl Weathers). Karga wants Djarin to live in his city, Nevarro, and buy some land. Djarin tells Karga no because he wants to fulfill his promise with the Armorer to become a Mandalorian again.

Din Djarin tells Karga that he had come to visit Nevarro because he wanted to see if there was anything left of his old droid, IG-11. He wanted IG-11 because he wanted to have it help him on his trip to Mandalore. IG-11 had sacrificed himself in one of the earlier seasons so there wasn’t much left of him, but he is convinced that he can repair the droid. Djarin tries his best to get help to fix the droid or even do it himself but he finds no luck in it. I found it really cool how Djarin tried to get IG-11 back because he was from season One and it shows how much the droid did for him and how much it meant to him. 

Now, Djarin travels in his starfighter to go see another old friend, Bo-Katan (Katee Sackhoff). He visits her in her own castle and she has neglected herself here ever since she lost the dark saber. Losing the dark saber was hard for her and she hasn’t recovered from it yet. Din Djarin asks her to go take back Mandalore with him, but she rejects him. She warns him about the dangers he will face, but he still insists on going. At this point, I was scared for Din Djarin because everyone he had talked to about Mandalore said that it was dangerous and that he shouldn’t go there. Din Djarin has to go to Mandalore on his own since no one else will join him because they say it is too dangerous. He plans to take over Mandalore and find out all of the secrets about it. 

Overall, I would highly recommend “The Mandalorian” to anyone. Especially if you are a Star Wars fan, you have to watch it. The show is action-packed all throughout and it keeps the audience on the edge of their seat because of all of the nonstop action scenes and plot twists. A perk in “The Mandalorian” season three is that if you have seen the two seasons before, you notice a lot of character development in Din Djarin and how he has grown as a person since the first two seasons. The first two seasons of “The Mandalorian” were fantastic and almost perfect so I was expecting the show to regress. But it did not, it kept up with the storyline and always had me waiting to see what would happen next.

4/5