College Football is Finally Back

College Football Preview 2.0

USA Today

Showing the top 4 teams that could be in the Playoff this december

Jaocb Janousek, Staff Writer

College football is finally here and is coming in with a bang. Last year was a amazing season with a great finish to it with Alabama beating Georgia in the National Championship on the last play. This season is very to similar to last year where we really don’t know for certain who will come up on top. It will be competitive and I’m anticipated for who will crack in to the top four in December.

The teams I feel will just miss the cut is Auburn and Miami. Auburn ended a great season on a sour note where they lost to UCF in the Peach Bowl. Auburn was in a good spot to make the playoff last season. They were able to beat the eventual National Champion Alabama and looked on fire. Fired up to play in the SEC Championship with a rematch with Georgia who they beat in the regular season, they just looked out of gas and ultimately lost to Georgia, the eventual runner up in Playoff. It seemed they didn’t have the heart in the Peach Bowl. They wanted to get the next season started. They will be ready, but will finish just short.

Miami had a season people will remember. The introduction of their “turnover chain” created a new culture in college football. This team looked like it it was the Miami Hurricanes from back in the day after they blew past Notre Dame. Then they lost three out of there last four ending a promising season for the Canes in to doubts. This season it looks to have a easier schedule with some chances against ranked teams. I feel some of those games they just can’t get done and will be short again for the playoff.

Now on to who will make the playoff.

Alabama

At you number one spot folks has got to be the defending national champions Alabama. This is just a well coached team that is competing for national championships and this season is no different. After an amazing championship where we saw Alabama and backup quarterback Tua Tagovailoa defeat Georgia in overtime capping off one of the best championship games in recent history.Alabama is going with a co-quaterback system this year with Tagovailoa and There starter for the whole season last year Jalen Hurts. Alabama is already the preseason number 1 and most polls and won’t get challenged until the last game of the season against Auburn. Given their schedule they are surely be No.1 coming into the Playoff.

Clemson

Number two has got to be Clemson. After losing one of the best quarterbacks in recent history, Deshaun Watson, Kelly Bryant really stepped up last season. Another team that is always there at the top. Last season they made the playoff but lost to Alabama (24-6) hoping to get some revenge this season. Clemson has made the playoff the last three years and show no sign of slowing down. I have no doubt they will make it this season. There offense looks to have a great year, their defense even better. They won’t really be challenged this season. There hardest game on the schedule is Florida State but they are a overhyped team being ranked at #19. They are only hyped up because they have a new head coach in Willie Taggart and have a QB coming off an injury. You don’t really know where they are at. So in conclusion with Clemson they don’t really get challenged until the ACC championship game and even they should get by and get back in the Playoff.

Ohio State

Ohio State was a team I was confident in until the whole Urban Meyer situation happened. So far to the players it seems this investigation has not affected them in their mindset. If Meyer was suspended the full season I doubt they will be here in my rankings. The good thing for them is he was suspended for three games. In that span of games they will play Oregon State and Rutgers, which are arguably some of the worst Power five programs in college football. They should start 2-0. Then that third game they play #16 TCU. We will have to see where they are at without Urban Meyer. If they can get past that game. They should be able to get through the Big Ten East and beat Wisconsin in the Big Ten championship and punch their ticket in for the playoff. One concern is quarterback play. This is the first season they don’t have there starter from the last four years in J.T. Barrett so we will have to see where they are at there, but Urban Meyer may not be the best person but he is a great coach and I bet he will find the best quarterback that will give them the best chance to win.

Georgia

Now I can already hear all the fans crying on having two SEC (Southeastern conference) teams in the playoff. It is down to happen again. The SEC has always been a strength and college football and I expect them to have two teams in again. With Jake Fromm returning at QB and with the success he had last season I see them having a great season again. They are on the easier side of the SEC and only play two ranked teams in the season. They should have a easy road to the Playoff again even if they have to play Alabama in the SEC championship game because most teams make it with one loss nowadays.

Heisman Trophy Winner

This years Heisman Trophy winner will be Jonathan Taylor, running back from Wisconsin. Taylor is due for a breakout year. In his freshman year at Wisconsin he ran for 1977 yards and 13 touchdowns. This year he is the main guy and will be running a lot. He is quick and hard to stop. He will easily run over 2,000 yards this year and could even get up to 20 TDs which is amazing stats. With the help of the beefy offensive line of Wisconsin he has the chance have one of the best years for a running back in college football history.

That is going to conclude this years a addition of previewing college football. I feel pretty confident with my predictions but college football is always changing. Iowa was competing for a playoff spot one year, most of the time I would think that is a joke. Nevertheless it’s good to have college football back and I’m ready for another exciting four months.